Non-Emergency Police Related: 918.596.9222
Public Safety Ambassador: 918.596.9100
Always file a report for any vandalism or criminal activity
Public Safety Ambassadors
The concept of Downtown Ambassadors is not new and their duties vary from city-to-city. After studying communities that are similar to ours, the Downtown Coordinating Council developed a strategy and goals for a four-member team, established in 2011, dedicated to Downtown Tulsa.
Their mission focus on three main points:
- Communicating/Educating owners and merchants about smart safety practices.
- Reduce (or eliminate) sites that individuals use to house inappropriate activities.
- Enforce loitering ordinances.
What our PSA’s can do for you:
- Patrol through the districts to deter criminal activity and assist pedestrians walking or driving through the area with any issues
- Meet with business owners in the Districts routinely during daily patrols to discuss any issues that PSA’s can assist with
- Meet with business owners during District meetings to discuss upcoming events in the district and answer questions and concerns from the participants
- Assist with courtesy escorts of local business owners
- Respond to calls for service to assist in a number of issues ranging from medical issues to a number of criminal disturbances
- Assist mental health organizations in making contact with individuals who need assistance
- Respond to service calls
- Provide public relations and tourism materials
Call: 918.596.9100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (for reporting non-time-sensitive reports)
When to call 911 (TPD Downtown impact Team)
~Any emergency situation
~Criminal activity or behavior
~Abusive and Violent Language
~Intimidating or Combative Conduct
NON-EMERGENCY POLICE RELATED CALLS: 918-596-9222