Resident Population: 4,227
Workforce Population: 40,191
Major Employers: AEP/Public Service Company of Oklahoma; AT&T; Bank of Oklahoma Financial; ONEOK and OneGas; Samson; City of Tulsa; and Williams Companies
Downtown Development Highlights
- Downtown property values (real and personal) have increased 7% per year since 2008 (prior to BOK Center and ONEOK Field).This represents a 50% gain in value.
- Downtown attracted nearly $1 billion ($998 million) in private and public investment since 2008 in the form of projects announced, under way or recently completed.
- Venues for the arts/new collections: The Bob Dylan Center, Oklahoma POP Museum – both planned
- New hotels recently completed and under construction: Hampton Inn & Suites (completed 2017); Tulsa Club Building, Santa Fe Square/Hotel Indigo, Residence Inn
- Office Buildings: One Place Phase One 18-story single-tenant; One Place Phase Two 5-story new construction (Denver Building)
- Churches: First Presbyterian Church, First Baptist Church and First United Methodist Church major additions
- Public spaces and new projects – TRACE light program at Center of the Universe; Arbor Park; Centennial Chapman Green
Major public investment: BOK Center, $220 million; ONEOK Field, $39 million; Tulsa Convention Center remodel and expansion, $52 million
Infrastructure improvements: Inner-dispersal loop, $75 million; I-244 multi-modal bridge, $78 million; Boulder Bridge reconstruction, $8.2 million
Event Venues: BOK Center, ONEOK Field, Tulsa PAC, Cox Convention Center, Cain’s Ballroom, Brady Theater, Guthrie Green, The Vanguard
Colleges and Universities: Oklahoma State University – Tulsa and Langston University – Tulsa; Tulsa Community College downtown metro campus; OSU Center for Health Sciences; University of Tulsa Oxley College of Health and Sciences
Medical facilities: OSU Medical Center; OSU Physicians Houston Parke Clinic; Downtown Tulsa Eyecare; two dental practices; Nate Waters Physical Therapy Clinic.