Resident Population: 4,227
Workforce Population: 40,191
Major Employers: AEP/Public Service Company of Oklahoma; AT&T; Bank of Oklahoma Financial; City of Tulsa, ONEOK and OneGas; OSU-Tulsa Medical Center, Tulsa County, Tulsa Community College, City of Tulsa; and Williams Companies
Downtown Development Highlights
- Downtown property values (real and personal) have increased 7% per year since 2008 (prior to BOK Center and ONEOK Field).This represents a 50% gain in value.
- Downtown attracted over $1 billion ($998 million) in private and public investment since 2008 in the form of projects announced, under way or recently completed.
- Venues for the arts/new collections: The Bob Dylan Center, Oklahoma POP Museum – both planned
- New hotels: Recently opened: Hampton Inn & Suites, Hotel Indigo, Residence Inn (completed 2017). Under construction: Tulsa Club Building, Residence Inn, Hyatt Place, Holiday Inn Express
- Office Buildings: Valley National Bank Building, Cathedral District Business Portfolio
- Churches: First Presbyterian Church, First Baptist Church and First United Methodist Church major additions or renovations. All Souls Unitarian planning downtown relocation
- Public spaces and projects – TRACE light program at Center of the Universe; Arbor Park; Centennial Chapman Green; Guthrie Green; Plaza of the Americas
Major public investment: BOK Center, $220 million; ONEOK Field, $39 million; Tulsa Convention Center remodel and expansion, $52 million
Infrastructure improvements: Inner-dispersal loop, $75 million; I-244 multi-modal bridge, $78 million
Event Venues: BOK Center, ONEOK Field, Tulsa PAC, Cox Convention Center, Cain’s Ballroom, Tulsa Theater, Guthrie Green, The Vanguard, Duet Jazz Club, Oklahoma Jazz Hall of Fame
Colleges and Universities: Oklahoma State University – Tulsa and Langston University – Tulsa; Tulsa Community College downtown metro campus; OSU Center for Health Sciences; University of Tulsa Oxley College of Health and Sciences
Medical facilities: OSU Medical Center; OSU Physicians Houston Parke Clinic; Downtown Tulsa Eyecare; two dental practices; Nate Waters Physical Therapy Clinic.